Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/26 04:43:21 UTC

programattically register commit/optimize callbacks

How do you all feel about exposing access to the commit/optimize
callbacks in UpdateHandler?  Perhaps adding the functions:
   void registerCommitCallback( SolrEventListener );
   void registerCommitCallback( SolrEventListener );
and/or maybe:
  Collection<SolrEventListener> getCommitCollbacks();
  Collection<SolrEventListener> getOptimizeCollbacks();

if the returned collection is modifiable, we could directly add to it.

Currently everything needs to be registered via solrconfig.xml -- but
I would like an UpdateProcessor to be a commit/optimize callback.

Someday we could do this with spring...

Re: programattically register commit/optimize callbacks

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.
good idea.
The first set of methods are fine. Returning a modifiable collection
is not 'good design'
 void registerCommitCallback( SolrEventListener listener);
 void registerOptimizeCallback( SolrEventListener listener);

Similarly we must also add
void registerQueryResponseWriter(String wt, QueryResponseWriter writer)
to SolrCore.

--Noble

--
--Noble Paul