Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com> on 2001/10/24 18:15:39 UTC

Problems starting up

In JAMES right now (in CVS), if there is anything wrong in the code (a bad
password on the excalibur configured db conn pool, something wrong in
JAMES's logic, anything), Avalon doesn't give any error message... just sits
there and hangs.  If I finally hit ctrl-c, I get the following stack trace:

--- Message ---
Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key
embeddor.er
ror.shutdown.failed
--- Stack Trace ---
java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find resource for bundle
java.util.Pro
pertyResourceBundle, key embeddor.error.shutdown.failed
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getObject(ResourceBundle.java:382)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getString(ResourceBundle.java:354)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.i18n.Resources.getString(Resources.java:5
54)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.dispose
(DefaultEmbeddor.java:192)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.shutdown(CLIMain.java:153
)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.forceShutdown(CLIMain.jav
a:141)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.ShutdownHook.run(CLIMain.java:201
)

Any ideas?

Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com/

Re: Problems starting up

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 25 Oct 2001 02:15, Serge Knystautas wrote:
> In JAMES right now (in CVS), if there is anything wrong in the code (a bad
> password on the excalibur configured db conn pool, something wrong in
> JAMES's logic, anything), Avalon doesn't give any error message... just
> sits there and hangs.  If I finally hit ctrl-c, I get the following stack
> trace:
> Any ideas?

damn. No ideas at this stage. However Paul reported this a few days ago so it
is not just you. I will have a look at it on Saturday and see if I can fix it
then. I suspect it has something to do with recent reorganizations of
Installer but I have *no* idea why - the code looks good and should work.

Mircea - you got any thoughts?

--
Cheers,

Pete