Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "REMIJAN, MICHAEL J [AG/1000]" <mi...@monsanto.com> on 2009/05/08 15:33:27 UTC

Child POM inherit reporting configurtaion from parent POM?

I have javadoc reporting configuration in a PARENT POM an it looks like
this:

<reporting>
  	<plugins>
  		<plugin>
  			<inherited>true</inherited>
  			<configuration>
  			   <links>

<link>http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api</link>

<link>http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/chain/apidocs</link>
               	   </links>
            </configuration>
  		</plugin>
  	</plugins>
  </reporting>

Now for a CHILD POM I want to add a new <link> for a library which the
CHILD project uses.  So I have this in the CHILD POM

<reporting>
    <plugins>
        <plugin>
            <configuration>
               <links>
                    <link>http://flickrj.sourceforge.net/api/</link>
               </links>
            </configuration>
        </plugin>
    </plugins>
 </reporting>

My problem is Maven isn't combining the two.  I expected
help:effective-pom to have 3 <link> tags but it only shows the one from
the CHILD POM.  So the CHILD POM configuration is overriding the PARENT
POM.  Is there a way to get Maven to combine the two?

Mike

This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. Please delete it and all attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly prohibited.

All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring, reading and archival by Monsanto, including its subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware". Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries, accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any attachment.

Re: Child POM inherit reporting configurtaion from parent POM?

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
The merging inside the configuration doesn't add the things together because
it isn't known ahead of time if replacement or merging makes sense for a
given plugin.