Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Anderson Goulart <an...@boxever.com> on 2016/07/18 10:39:12 UTC

Out of sync replica

Hi,

I got an issue with our kafka nodes. We replaced some nodes on the
cluster and reassigned the partitions from a new topic layout. After
reassigning, zookeeper lists the correct broker ids, but kafka stuck
with its older brokers in its replicas. In the example below, the leader
is a valid node, but the other 2 replicas (170064209, 171606945) doesn't
exist anymore and that is why ISR has only the leader.

Topic: delivery   Partition: 7    Leader: 172523739    Replicas:
170064209,171606945,172523739    Isr: 172523739

Is there anyway to fix that? After reassigning a topic to a new layout,
I supposed that kafka would change the other 2 dead brokers for the new
ones. But it is not happening.

Kafka Version: 0.8.2.1