Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Joel York <w1...@email.mot.com> on 1999/07/21 01:10:30 UTC

os-windows/4745: Service name command line option not allowed.

>Number:         4745
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Service name command line option not allowed.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When following the instructions on http://www.apache.org/docs/windows.html for
starting Apache as a Windows Service, it seems that it does not accept the
-n argument for giving the name of the service. It works fine if the -n
parameter is omitted (defaulting to service name "apache").
Try to use the -n parameter as explained on http://www.apache.org/docs/windows.html.
>Fix:
Probably a simple change. Most likely when the precompiled version of Apache
was made, someone forgot to make sure this code was compiled in (I'm assuming
the code exists, since its effects are documented; if not, it should be
simple code to write and if I had a compiler, I'd do it).
[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]