Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eino Lilius <el...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2005/11/07 11:45:03 UTC

rewriting urls with a valve

Hi,

I have one the following web apps:
 my.war
    -deployment /my/a etc.)
 ROOT.war
    -deployment (/b)

I would like to get rid of that ROOT.war, and pass all
requests to my.war (including /b).

In server.xml it is possible to define valves. I was
thinking of creating a valve which changes request URI
(/b -> /my/a). Unfortunately the URI cannot be changed
(setRequestURI implementation is empty in
org.apache.catalina.connector.Request).

Has someone managed to do that kind of valve, or
solved the problem with some other way (I cannot use
apache in front of tomcat either, and I cannot use
redirect, since the client does not support that).

Thanks,
Eino