Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by James Pettyjohn <ja...@scientology.net> on 2011/12/29 19:55:28 UTC

RegionServer looking for ZooKeeper on 127.0.0.1

Hey,

This is my first time setting up a HBase instance (I'm using CDH3u2). The
cluster has
been up for a while, trying to use HBase now with 1 master and 3 slaves.

I am getting log messages in the hbase.out of:
zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Opening socket connection to server
localhost/127.0.0.1:2181

and then a connection refused.

I don't know why it's looking to localhost for this - the zookeeper is
running on node1 (resolves to :10.x.x.21) while the machine trying to get
to it is node4 (resolves to 10.x.x.24).

The base-site.xml is:

<property>
<name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
<value>true</value>
</property>

<property>
<name>hbase.rootdir</name>
<value>hdfs://node1/hbase</value>
</property>

<property>
<name>hbase.zookeeper.quorom</name>
<value>node1</value>
</property>

It is reading this file in some respect, whether it's using the values I'm

not sure - but if the file is misformatted it will bail out with a parsing
error.

Thanks in advance,
James

Re: RegionServer looking for ZooKeeper on 127.0.0.1

Posted by James Pettyjohn <ja...@scientology.net>.
It's running on DNS and the nslookup for the node1 resolves to the correct
IP address,
it pings as well to the right host. Putting the host name in /etc/hosts
did not change
the results - using the IP address in hbase.zookeeper.quorom (which is
what I thought
configured this) did not change it either.

It looks like it is actually looking for 'localhost', I put an entry in
/etc/hosts
for localhost to point to node1 and the RegionServer resolved that and
started up
correctly.

Do you know where it looks for the Zookeeper host name config?

Thanks again,
James

Posted by Joseph Coleman <jo...@infinitecampus.com>.