Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jon Yeargers <jo...@bme.ogi.edu> on 2006/09/08 19:07:50 UTC

Tomcat: form authentication - creating a login bean

I have a site that uses Tomcat's form based authentication. It reads
from a MySQL db using a 'DataSourceRealm' defined in the context.xml
file. All well and good.

What Im hoping to achieve is creation of a session bean with info about
the logged in account when a valid login is sent. Is there a value in
context.xml, web.xml or other that I can enter / trap / override?

Im using TC5.

Jon

Re: Tomcat: form authentication - creating a login bean

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
The table used in the DataSourceRealm can contain more than just the
user's credentials.  Expand the schema to include all the info.  When
they login, just query the database for the remaining info.
request.getRemoteUser() provide's the username of the client.  A request
filter would be ideal for this.

--David