Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by exabrial <ex...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/24 21:39:19 UTC

Evaluating Ignite, is this possible

Hello everyone. We're thinking about using ignite.

We have a need to transform some data in a MySQL database. We have a table
like

Data Table:
id val0_cv_id val1_cv_id val2_cv_id
1  2              2               1
2  2              3               null
the cv_id columns are foreign keys to this table:

Code Values
id value_name
1  feature_z
2  feature_a
3  feature_b

The tool the data science team needs the data in the database to be in the
folowing format:

data_table_row_id has_feature_a has_feature_b has_feature_z
1                          1                    0                    1
2                          1                    1                    0

Essentially, rotating the data 90 degrees about the origin and "binarizing"
it.

Is it possible for Ignite to do this, and then allow third party tools (Like
a SQL client or Metabase or Tableau) to connect to the transformed Ignite
dataset?

I see in the documentation there is a preprocessor that does binarization,
but I'm unsure if the result dataset can be offered as a service.

Thank you!
-Jonathan

Re: Evaluating Ignite, is this possible

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I think that you could write a Cache Store loader that did this
transformation before passing data to be put in cache.

Please see
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/3rd-party-store#section-custom-cachestore

Ilya Kasnacheev