Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2002/05/31 04:07:54 UTC

notes to committers

Starting from yesterday Randy, Per Einar, Bill and I are the four active
committers to the modperl-docs repository. That's fantastic! Thank you all!

Since now we have four committers it's easier to break the automatic
build, especially if you mess up with config files and break something.
Currently I get the automatic build problems emailed to me, but later
these emails will be sent to the list, so if I'm not around you can fix
the problems. Nothing bad happens if you break something, and if it does
it's easy to fix, so don't be paranoid, but still it's nice to have
everything working all the time.

Therefore before you commit, make sure to run bin/build on your machine
and see that it builds cleanly. Then commit. Thanks!

When adding new files, make sure to run 'cvs up' on your machine, which
will pinpoint any files that were forgotten to be 'cvs add'. It's quite
frequent when people add new files, run bin/build and everything works
for them but forget to commit :)

BTW, Randy we have a conventions of using a prompt sign % in our docs,
so the readers won't get confused where is code and where are command
line instructions. I guess on win32 it's something like C:>. Can you
please add those? Thanks!

One more note: the style doc that we try to follow is not cast in stone,
so if you think there is something wrong about it or you have an idea on
how to do things better please speak up. The consistent style is needed
so many people can work in agreement on the same docs, not to make you
work harder :) So please try following it. (I know you do, but just a
reminder.)

Re: notes to committers

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.
At 05:15 02.06.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
>>At 04:07 31.05.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>>
>>>Since now we have four committers it's easier to break the automatic build
>>
>>Hmm, so is the automatic build up now? Could you give specifics as to how
>>you've enabled it?
>
>it's just a cron job, doing 'cvs up', bin/build and bin/makeindex. Every 6
>hours it does bin/build -d (update), every 24 hours bin/build -fd (rebuild
>all). I'll document the details once I'm done with it. I've to move the
>whole build to a different location on apache.org, first.

Ok, that's what I thought. Thanks.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be

Re: notes to committers

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Re: notes to committers

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.
At 04:07 31.05.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>Since now we have four committers it's easier to break the automatic build

Hmm, so is the automatic build up now? Could you give specifics as to how
you've enabled it?

>--

Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be