Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Yuri Dario <mc...@mclink.it> on 2013/05/18 18:25:15 UTC

Presentation about AOO 4.0

Hi,

next week I will be holding a presentation about AOO for OS/2 in
Heemskerk, Holland.

The presentation will focus on OS/2 features, but I want to show some
new features available in 4.0 code.

I'm thinking about the following items (taken from this list and from
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0+Release+P
lanning):

- new directory layout
- merge of ibm symphony code
- new gallery images
- sidebar
- bug fixes
- filters

do you have something more to add? possibly with some material I can
show or search around.

thanks!

--
Bye,

	Yuri Dario

/*
 * OS/2 open source software
 * http://web.os2power.com/yuri
 * http://www.netlabs.org
*/

Re: Presentation about AOO 4.0

Posted by Yuri Dario <mc...@mclink.it>.
Hi Jurgen,

> you can of course mention the 64 bit port on MacOS that brought many fixes for all platforms. It's a huge amount of work that Herbert
>did and we will get rid of the stlport, will upgrade to the clang
compiler on Mac and FreeBSD. Linux will be probably next. New
>platform SDK on Mac, upgrade to newer system api's (Apple deprecated
some API's), use CoreText API's, support of 64bit Java on
>Mac.
> Many more things that are not so visible and we have to collect and document these things for the final release notes. But we don't

I thought to concentrate mainly on things I can show using the OS/2
port of AOO, but I can mention this too.

thanks!

--
Bye,

	Yuri Dario

/*
 * OS/2 open source software
 * http://web.os2power.com/yuri
 * http://www.netlabs.org
*/

Re: Presentation about AOO 4.0

Posted by Albino B Neto <bi...@gmail.com>.
2013/5/18 Juergen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>:
> Many more things that are not so visible and we have to collect and document these things for the final release notes. But we don't want make it to easy for LO to cherry pick ;-) No I am joking they are invited to take our code when they publicly say where it comes from.

+1

                  Albino

Re: Presentation about AOO 4.0

Posted by Juergen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Am Samstag, 18. Mai 2013 um 18:25 schrieb Yuri Dario:
> Hi,
>
> next week I will be holding a presentation about AOO for OS/2 in
> Heemskerk, Holland.
>
> The presentation will focus on OS/2 features, but I want to show some
> new features available in 4.0 code.
>
> I'm thinking about the following items (taken from this list and from
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0+Release+P
> lanning):
>
> - new directory layout
> - merge of ibm symphony code
> - new gallery images
> - sidebar
> - bug fixes
> - filters
>
> do you have something more to add? possibly with some material I can
> show or search around.

you can of course mention the 64 bit port on MacOS that brought many fixes for all platforms. It's a huge amount of work that Herbert did and we will get rid of the stlport, will upgrade to the clang compiler on Mac and FreeBSD. Linux will be probably next. New platform SDK on Mac, upgrade to newer system api's (Apple deprecated some API's), use CoreText API's, support of 64bit Java on Mac.

Many more things that are not so visible and we have to collect and document these things for the final release notes. But we don't want make it to easy for LO to cherry pick ;-) No I am joking they are invited to take our code when they publicly say where it comes from.

Juergen