Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> on 2012/03/21 02:18:06 UTC

Problems blocking 1.2.0

Hello,

There's been a regression in the browser test suite.

Building from the 1.2.x branch, the first test, basics, hangs for me.

The end of the logs are:

[info] [<0.1509.0>] Apache CouchDB has started on http://127.0.0.1:5984/
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET / 200
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET
/test_suite_db/0?rev=3-cac36b6fd7e2c7347b3147626c8cfdaf 200
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - POST /test_suite_db 201
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - POST /test_suite_db 201
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET /test_suite_db/oppossum 200
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - PUT /test_suite_db/newdoc 201
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - DELETE /test_suite_db/doc-does-not-exist
404
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - PUT /test_suite_db/goldfish 500
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - POST /test_suite_db/ 500
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - PUT /test_suite_db/zebrafish 500
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - POST /test_suite_db/ 500
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - PUT /test_suite_db/mudfish 500
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - POST /test_suite_db/ 500
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - PUT /test_suite_db/tastyfish 500
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - POST /test_suite_db/ 500
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - PUT /test_suite_db/bar 400
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - POST /test_suite_db/_bulk_docs 400
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - POST /test_suite_db/_all_docs 400
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - POST /test_suite_db/_all_docs 400
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - DELETE /test_suite_db/?rev=foobarbaz 400
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - DELETE /test_suite_foobar/ 200
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - PUT /test_suite_foobar 201
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - PUT /test_suite_foobar/doc1 201
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - POST
/test_suite_foobar/_ensure_full_commit 201
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET /test_suite_foobar/ 200
[info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - POST /_restart 200
Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 (LogLevel=info) is starting.
Apache CouchDB has started. Time to relax.
[info] [<0.1673.0>] Apache CouchDB has started on http://127.0.0.1:5984/
[info] [<0.1767.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET / 200

This happens consistently. (Though the log looks different)

Firefox 11.0, private browsing turned on and off, OS X 10.7.3, 11" MBA.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 13:58, Bob Dionne <di...@dionne-associates.com> wrote:
> make check runs here Randall, R15B

Still running. If someone buys me an SSD I'll run the tests more often ;)

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Bob Dionne <di...@dionne-associates.com>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
Just checking:

This is still marked as unresolved.

Could someone close the ticket with any additional comment needed?

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
Thank you.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
\o/

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
Working on it.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
Randall,

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 06:29, Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org> wrote:
> In these recent cases all I see is that a few minutes of discussion
> would have saved a lot of noise. We should be collaborating closely at
> the tail end of a release.
>
> In general, though, I thought we already were review before commit,
> which is why patches go to JIRA or we make branches in git. It's just
> me that thinks this?

Sorry to get ruffled just a moment ago. If there's a time for me to be
committing to release branches without review, it's not 5:30am. My
apologies. I appreciate Noah's response about good faith, though. I
contemplated IRC, but decided it would be too involving and then
decided that just e-mailing saying "you all deal with it" or sleeping
felt wrong, too. I suppose I can't hope to be both helpful and
simultaneously not fully engrossed.

Let's have a real discussion about commit policy really soon.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Jason Smith <jh...@iriscouch.com>.
Bob, I'm not sure there would be much practical difference in this
case. If we were all committing to 1.2.x-the_last_bugfix then the
activity would simply be happening there. Right?

I would like to have a post-review vs. pre-review discussion, but
perhaps in a different thread?

Iris Couch

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Jason Smith <jh...@iriscouch.com>.
Can we go back to the bug discussion briefly?

Did the bug described in COUCHDB-1445 ship in version 1.1.1?

If so, I respectfully urge that we pull this whole commit sequence out
of 1.2.x and ship.

If not, sure, carry on.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
Thanks.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 21, 2012 5:41 AM, "Noah Slater" <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:

> I am looking here:

http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=couchdb.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/1.2.x

> A lot of stuff by Randal. Is it all for 1445?

Yes.

> Should I include 1445 in my list of changes since round 2?

Yes.

> Is there anything else?

Not that I'm aware of.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
I am looking here:

http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=couchdb.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/1.2.x

A lot of stuff by Randal. Is it all for 1445?

Should I include 1445 in my list of changes since round 2?

Is there anything else?

(With the exception of the four issues I called out explicitly.)

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Jason Smith <jh...@iriscouch.com>.

--
Iris Couch

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Jason Smith <jh...@iriscouch.com>.
Done.

--
Iris Couch

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
Nothing wrong with being bold, Paul. :) But breaking tests in a hot release
branch is a little frustrating. ;)

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Jason Smith <jh...@apache.org>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Jason Smith <jh...@iriscouch.com>.

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Jason Smith <jh...@iriscouch.com>.

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 8:51 AM, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> Full log, with debug turned on:
>
> http://dpaste.org/782RR/
>
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 1:18 AM, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> There's been a regression in the browser test suite.
>>
>> Building from the 1.2.x branch, the first test, basics, hangs for me.
>>
>> The end of the logs are:
>>
>> [info] [<0.1509.0>] Apache CouchDB has started on http://127.0.0.1:5984/
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET / 200
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET
>> /test_suite_db/0?rev=3-cac36b6fd7e2c7347b3147626c8cfdaf 200
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - POST /test_suite_db 201
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - POST /test_suite_db 201
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET /test_suite_db/oppossum 200
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - PUT /test_suite_db/newdoc 201
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - DELETE /test_suite_db/doc-does-not-exist
>> 404
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - PUT /test_suite_db/goldfish 500
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - POST /test_suite_db/ 500
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - PUT /test_suite_db/zebrafish 500
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - POST /test_suite_db/ 500
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - PUT /test_suite_db/mudfish 500
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - POST /test_suite_db/ 500
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - PUT /test_suite_db/tastyfish 500
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - POST /test_suite_db/ 500
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - PUT /test_suite_db/bar 400
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - POST /test_suite_db/_bulk_docs 400
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - POST /test_suite_db/_all_docs 400
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - POST /test_suite_db/_all_docs 400
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - DELETE /test_suite_db/?rev=foobarbaz 400
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - DELETE /test_suite_foobar/ 200
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - PUT /test_suite_foobar 201
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - PUT /test_suite_foobar/doc1 201
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - POST
>> /test_suite_foobar/_ensure_full_commit 201
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET /test_suite_foobar/ 200
>> [info] [<0.1603.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - POST /_restart 200
>> Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 (LogLevel=info) is starting.
>> Apache CouchDB has started. Time to relax.
>> [info] [<0.1673.0>] Apache CouchDB has started on http://127.0.0.1:5984/
>> [info] [<0.1767.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET / 200
>>
>> This happens consistently. (Though the log looks different)
>>
>> Firefox 11.0, private browsing turned on and off, OS X 10.7.3, 11" MBA.
>>
>> Thanks,

Iris Couch

Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.