Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by "Panop S." <pa...@vizrt.com> on 2011/02/04 01:21:58 UTC

CouchDB View Group Indexer

Hi,

                When I delete about  25000 document with bulk Post
"_bulk_docs".
                And when I get a document from a view I have to wait
patiently.
                I saw the status on Futon are update slowly View Group
Indexer Processed     11927 of 24563 changes (48%).
                When that finish, I can get  the document in return.

                Does anyone having the same problem with me ?
                 Thank for any suggestion.

Regards,
Panop.

Re: CouchDB View Group Indexer

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 16:21, Panop S. <pa...@vizrt.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>                When I delete about  25000 document with bulk Post
> "_bulk_docs".

This is a large bulk. You could use smaller batches and it would be faster.

>                And when I get a document from a view I have to wait
> patiently.
>                I saw the status on Futon are update slowly View Group
> Indexer Processed     11927 of 24563 changes (48%).

If you want to get a fast result you can add ?stale=ok.
You might get old results, but it will usually be faster.

>                When that finish, I can get  the document in return.
>
>                Does anyone having the same problem with me ?
>                 Thank for any suggestion.

If you care most about fast views use ?stale=ok always.
Run a background job to request without stale=ok and ?limit=1 (to minimize work)
CouchDB 1.1 will have ?stale=update_after.

Randall