Posted to user@shale.apache.org by Viswanath <v_...@hotmail.com> on 2006/07/16 06:07:55 UTC

Shale framework - init() and destroy() being called twice

Hi Craig,

Now that I have subscribed to Shale user group, I am posting this issue again.

Just to make sure that I am not using older version of Shale libraries, I have downloaded shale-framework-20060713.zip and tried, same problem. This is what I did,  to reproduce the issue in usecases project. ( I am not able to post code from my project because of lot of dependencies on EJBs/Database)

I downloaded the latest usecases zip (07/14/2006). Unzipped the war file into a directory, created a project in eclipse, added the java source files,  built and deployed it into JBOSS and it ran fine.  Added the following code at the end of  org/apache/shale/usecases/locale/Select.java overriding the "do-nothing" init() from ActionViewController.

    public void init()
    {
         System.out.println("Select.java - Init - PostBack Value: " + Boolean.toString(isPostBack()));
    }

redeployed and ran. The console output when I click on "Select Language" link

15:20:27,515 INFO  [STDOUT] Select.java - Init - PostBack Value: false
15:20:27,515 INFO  [STDOUT] Select.java - Init - PostBack Value: false

and on sumbit (when I click on "Go" )

15:20:33,546 INFO  [STDOUT] Select.java - Init - PostBack Value: false
15:20:33,562 INFO  [STDOUT] Select.java - Init - PostBack Value: true

My environment is :

OS : Windows XP Home
JBOSS 4.0.4 Patch1 with Tomcat 5.5
JRE : 1.5.0_06
Eclipse 3.1.1

Thanks
Vish

Re: Shale framework - init() and destroy() being called twice

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
OK, I was able to reproduce this, and it is a real bug.  I've filed:

    https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-220

to track progress on it ... you might want to subscribe to the issue
tracking system (http://issues.apache.org/struts) and register interest in
this issue so you'll receive email when it's fixed.

There was recently a change in how init/destroy callbacks for view
controllers are fired ... and it looks like I missed a case of removing the
old mechanism.  It'll get fixed shortly.

Craig