Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by cyfer zhang <cy...@hotmail.com> on 2000/08/04 10:05:42 UTC

what charsets are surported?

i am a newbie to xalan.

i have tried xalan(java) several days ago, it is powerful fascinating and i
found that Chinese charset "GB2312" is accepted, however, Chinese characters
in my xml files  and xsl files are changed. is it a bug or "GB2312" is not
surported actually?

i have get the java source code of xalan. and trying to figure out what's
the matter but help is needed.

Re: what charsets are surported?

Posted by Samuel Fung <bl...@i-cable.com>.
cyfer zhang wrote:

> i have tried xalan(java) several days ago, it is powerful fascinating and i
> found that Chinese charset "GB2312" is accepted, however, Chinese characters
> in my xml files  and xsl files are changed. is it a bug or "GB2312" is not
> surported actually?

Try adding this to your stylesheet:
    <xsl:output encoding="gb2312"/>

HTH,