Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by kvenkatramtreddy <kv...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/18 04:00:13 UTC

Runtime failure on bounds

Hi Team,

We are receiving Runtime failure on bounds even after updating it to 2.6
version.

We used to receive Failed to get page IO instance (page content is
corrupted) from 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5, now in 2.6 it is changed to Item not
found: 1.

Till now we are in test environments but we are planning to move Production
now. Please could you help us a work around or fix for this issue.

Please find attached gc-log, excetion, and configuration

example-ignite.xml
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t1700/example-ignite.xml>

gc-log.txt
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t1700/gc-log.txt>
messages_copy.log
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t1700/messages_copy.log>

Thanks & Regards,
Venkat

Re: Runtime failure on bounds

Posted by aealexsandrov <ae...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Sorry, I missed this conversation. To understand your problem you should
provide the reproducer, cache configuration or steps how we can reproduce it
or file the issue with all this information.

At the moment it's not cleared how to solve it.

BR,
Andrei

Re: Runtime failure on bounds

Posted by kvenkatramtreddy <kv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Team,

Please could you provide me an update on it.

Posted by kvenkatramtreddy <kv...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

We have received Runtime failure on bounds again in 2 days. I am using
ignite 2.6 and started all nodes from scratch ( removed existing data).

error below

[7/21/18 13:22:43:031 UTC] 0000008f
E Critical system error detected. Will be handled accordingly to configured
handler [hnd=class o.a.i.failure.StopNodeOrHaltFailureHandler,
failureCtx=FailureContext [type=SYSTEM_WORKER_TERMINATION, err=class
o.a.i.IgniteException: Runtime failure on bounds: [lower=null,
upper=PendingRow []]]]
class org.apache.ignite.IgniteException: Runtime failure on bounds:
[lower=null, upper=PendingRow []]
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.tree.BPlusTree.find(BPlusTree.java:971)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.tree.BPlusTree.find(BPlusTree.java:950)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.IgniteCacheOffheapManagerImpl.expire(IgniteCacheOffheapManagerImpl.java:1024)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheTtlManager.expire(GridCacheTtlManager.java:197)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheSharedTtlCleanupManager$CleanupWorker.body(GridCacheSharedTtlCleanupManager.java:137)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.worker.GridWorker.run(GridWorker.java:110)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:785)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid object type: 0
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cacheobject.IgniteCacheObjectProcessorImpl.toKeyCacheObject(IgniteCacheObjectProcessorImpl.java:166)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.binary.CacheObjectBinaryProcessorImpl.toKeyCacheObject(CacheObjectBinaryProcessorImpl.java:848)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cacheobject.IgniteCacheObjectProcessorImpl.toKeyCacheObject(IgniteCacheObjectProcessorImpl.java:219)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.CacheDataRowAdapter.readIncompleteKey(CacheDataRowAdapter.java:379)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.CacheDataRowAdapter.readFragment(CacheDataRowAdapter.java:229)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.CacheDataRowAdapter.initFromLink(CacheDataRowAdapter.java:174)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.CacheDataRowAdapter.initFromLink(CacheDataRowAdapter.java:102)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.tree.PendingRow.initKey(PendingRow.java:72)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.tree.PendingEntriesTree.getRow(PendingEntriesTree.java:118)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.tree.PendingEntriesTree.getRow(PendingEntriesTree.java:31)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.tree.BPlusTree$ForwardCursor.fillFromBuffer(BPlusTree.java:4660)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.tree.BPlusTree$ForwardCursor.init(BPlusTree.java:4562)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.tree.BPlusTree$ForwardCursor.access$5300(BPlusTree.java:4501)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.tree.BPlusTree.findLowerUnbounded(BPlusTree.java:927)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.tree.BPlusTree.find(BPlusTree.java:959)
	... 6 more

[7/21/18 13:22:43:046 UTC] 0000008f
E JVM will be halted immediately due to the failure:

Posted by aealexsandrov <ae...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I am out of context what you do in your code. However, I know that several
page corruption issues were fixed in 2.6 release.

So there is no specific suggestion from my side.

BR,
Andrei

Re: Runtime failure on bounds

Posted by kvenkatramtreddy <kv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrei,

Yes, I have stopped all the servers and removed corrupted nodes data and
upgraded to 2.6 and restart the server.

any more suggestion and configuration changes to prevent this issue.

Posted by aealexsandrov <ae...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

In case if you see (page content is corrupted) and after that upgrade your
version to 2.6 then it's possible that your persistence is still broken.

The most simple way here is cleaning your PDS (work/db) directory before the
upgrading to 2.6.

In case if data is important then you also can try to do next:

1)Stop the cluster
2)Remove only index.bin files from
work/db/<NodeName>/<cache_name>/index.bin.
3)Restart the cluster
4)Wait for the message that indexes were rebuilt in Ignite log.

In case if it will not help then only cleaning of PDS will help.

BR,
Andrei