Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by di...@gmail.com on 2021/04/04 08:13:07 UTC

TIMER thougt-problem COUNT and TIME BASED together STM32F4xxx

I Tried to show the difference (debug) in one image....

https://imgshare.io/image/image.p307iH

I tried to state the differences...  according the reference sheets and application notes from the STM32F4xx family this should work "together".... where you use say TIM1 (or TIM8) [ADVANCED TIMERS] with "COUNTS" and where you say use TIM9 (or any other [GENERIC TIMER]  in say "time bases" mode.

What am I doing wrong? And how could I tackle this to get it working?
Is seems (according tot he debug output) that its a "driver" implementation and that the  CONFIG_PWM_PULSECOUNT KConfig is causing this behaviour??

Thanks you for thinking with me...
Ben

Re: TIMER thougt-problem COUNT and TIME BASED together STM32F4xxx

Posted by raiden00pl <ra...@gmail.com>.
If PULSECOUNT is enabled, current logic in stm32_pwm.c assumes that all PWM
instances support PULSECOUNT which is not true. Timers without RCR register
shouldn't use pwm_pulsecount_* functions. Probably that is the problem.

I guess you can do something like this:
https://github.com/raiden00pl/incubator-nuttx/commit/dc30c50d161cc7d4cbea849f8d46dc35924e51fe
I haven't tested it, haven't even compiled it, but I guess that's the way
to fix the problem.

niedz., 4 kwi 2021 o 10:13 <di...@gmail.com> napisaƂ(a):