Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Michael Douglass <mi...@texas.net> on 1998/01/11 20:38:09 UTC

mod_rewrite.c wierdness

I seem to have found a problem with mod_rewrite.c.  As far as I
can tell, this is a very legitimate bug;  The following two URLs
produce the same URI being inited into mod_rewrite:

http://blah.dink.net/test/
http://blah.dink.net/test

***The URI that mod_rewrite reports as being inited into the engine is***
***"/test/" for both URLs.                                            ***

The first one goes through, hits the condition of matching
/^.+\.dink\.net/ and does the rest of the rule substitutions; The
second one, however, does not match the same condition when it
should, no?  That is what I'm writing about.

Now, am I missing the point, and the second URL really need the code
modifictation you are talking about to construct_url?  If so, why?  They
should both still be getting sent to mod_rewrite with the %{HTTP_HOST}
of 'blah.dink.net' and should both exit with the same file results since
both go in with the same strings...

Or am I really confused?

--
Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

<tnet admin> anyway, I'm off, perl code is making me [a] crosseyed toady