Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by masien <ma...@enterpriseda.com> on 2006/08/16 23:47:53 UTC

activemq architecture with jboss

Hi all,
Execuse me but i am new in JMS and ActiveMQ...
I'd like to create an architecture with a client that send messages to 2
brokers (in cluster) and a MDB that consume the messages.
Must I use JBOSS for use MDB?
In this case, must i have two instance of Jboss in order to avoid the single
point of failure?
That is a good road???
Help me...it is very important.

Regards
Max

Re: activemq architecture with jboss

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 8/17/06, masien <ma...@enterpriseda.com> wrote:

> When I configure two instance of JBOSS...must to point each instance to each
> ActiveMQ broker ?
>
> P.S.
> The client producer is on another jvm and it send messages to brokers that
> are on other two virtual machine.

If you have 2 JBoss servers hosting MDBs then you might as well just
run a single ActveMQ broker separately and have everyone talk to the
same broker for simplicity. If you want full HA you might then
consider running that broker as a pair of master/slaves.

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/masterslave.html

--

James
-------

Re: activemq architecture with jboss

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 8/16/06, masien <ma...@enterpriseda.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Execuse me but i am new in JMS and ActiveMQ...
> I'd like to create an architecture with a client that send messages to 2
> brokers (in cluster) and a MDB that consume the messages.
> Must I use JBOSS for use MDB?

MDBs are supported by all J2EE application servers so you can take
your pick there.

Also there are Message Driven POJOs if you don't want to go the J2EE route

http://jencks.org/Message+Driven+POJOs

> In this case, must i have two instance of Jboss in order to avoid the single
> point of failure?
> That is a good road???
> Help me...it is very important.

Whether you use 1 broker or 2 in a cluster - I recommend running
multiple JVMs preferably on different boxes of the JMS clients (the
producers and consumers). Whether you use Tomcat or JBoss or just a
regular JVM is your call, whatever you are comfortable with.

--

James
-------