Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Αντώνης Λεμπέσης <an...@di.uoa.gr> on 2005/02/04 21:05:38 UTC

use same conf with more than one databases

Hello,

In a quite large project we need to use a different database for each
developer. The schema is obviously the same for each one, but it turns
out that even if we change the torque.properties and build.properties
files, we still have to rebuild and compile everything because the
connection info is hardcoded into the autogenerated Base* classes.

Is there any way to get around this? After a while it has proven to be
really annoying...

Cheers,
Antonis.

Re: use same conf with more than one databases

Posted by Αντώνης Λεμπέσης <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Guy Galil wrote:

>What's hardcoded in the base classes is a logical name that points to
>settings in Torque.properties - if you have each developer use a
>different properties file then they can access different databases.

I have tried to do this, but I got an exception (something about
torque.dsfactory...).

>Another alternative is to override the hardcoded database name by
>specifying a database name on each torque method call, all Torque
>methods such as save, doSelect, delete can be called with either a
>String database name or a connection object, off-course this might
>require massive code changes.

And besides that, we wouldn't be able to commit anything...

>The third alternative is to change configuration at run time, I have
>code that do this for Torque 3.02 that does not work with newer
>versions. The idea is to get the Configuration object, change some
>settings and reconfigure Torque.
>It requires some digging into the Torque code but is doable.
>I can provide the 3.02 code if you want but I know those things changed
>since that version.

I'de be grateful if you could send me that code. If I manage to get
something out of  that, I'll let you know ;).

Thanks,
Antonis

PS. This i what I found in a Base*Peer file:

    /** the default database name for this class */
    public static final String DATABASE_NAME = "AdiasBase";

That's why I said that this info is hardcoded...

Re: use same conf with more than one databases

Posted by Guy Galil <gu...@guardium.com>.

Posted by Alvaro Coronel <al...@yahoo.com>.
Look at this couple of lines from my  Torque.properties

torque.dsfactory.consolidada.connection.url = jdbc:mysql://192.168.1.55:3306/consolidada
# torque.dsfactory.consolidada.connection.url = jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/consolidada
# torque.dsfactory.consolidada.connection.url = jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/cons_test

I comment and uncomment and point to different databases without regenerating. It works fine.

Good luck!

�lvaro