Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Neal Ensor <ne...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/01 18:57:59 UTC

SOLR 4.2 SNAPSHOT "There exists no core with name x"

Just pulled down the latest SVN and built it in place to try and
upgrade from 4.1 (having replication issues).  However, bringing it up
with my current core (copied) presents me with the admin page, but an
empty drop-down to select specific cores.  If I go to "Core Admin" I
can see the core, I can issue queries against it, but I cannot go to
its statistics, interactive query page, etc. at all.  Attempting to
access the "old" core admin stuff via direct URL results in the pop-up
stating "There exists no core with name myname", even though I can
clearly see it there.

I even created a brand new core via the core admin interface, and it
cannot be seen either.  Restarted the container, examined logs, etc.
to no avail.  Am I missing something obvious here?  Any serious
deviations between 4.1 and 4.2 (trunk) configuration I need to update?
 Using tomcat 6.0.36 as a container, freshly-built
solr-4.2-SNAPSHOT.war hot off the compiler.

Neal Ensor
nensor@gmail.com

Re: SOLR 4.2 SNAPSHOT "There exists no core with name x"

Posted by Neal Ensor <ne...@gmail.com>.
Confirmed it was indeed caching, as I just updated my live master from
4.1 to the 4.2 snap shot and got the empty drop-down; cleared cache
and reloaded, and working.

Posted by Jens Grivolla <j+...@grivolla.net>.
Yes, we've had quite a few surprises with outdated information (and
mixtures of old and new information) in the admin UI, so I'd definitely
be in favor of getting rid of caching.

Jens

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Neal Ensor <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jens Grivolla <j+...@grivolla.net>.

Posted by Neal Ensor <ne...@gmail.com>.
Using Chrome (latest) on Mac OSX 10.8.2.  In 4.1.0, I accessed cores
via something like:

http://machine:port/solr/#/corename

and got to the Ping, Query, Schema, etc.  I attempted a similar URL
with my local installation and got the error I mentioned.  I have one
core locally named "master", and made a new one named "testcore" via
the Cores Admin.  Neither could be accessed directly (but could be
searched via the select query URL) yet came up on the Cores Admin page
fine.  The drop-down under the main menu remains empty.

Now that you mentioned browser versions, I JUST tried it using Safari,
and it actually came up; there might be some java script thing that's
giving Chrome indigestion perhaps.  Looking at the Javascript Console
in Chrome I don't see any errors.  The apparently relevant portion of
the source on that page looks like

            <select data-placeholder="Core Selector"></select>
            <ul></ul>

empty.  If I can help with any other information, please let me know.

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hey Neal