Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Satish Plakote <ps...@controlnet.co.in> on 2004/05/25 05:47:38 UTC

Help with web Lucene Interface

Hello
Today is  my second day with lucene.
I want to make a search engine with lucene for our website.I tried the docs that come with lucene, but i am not able to generate the
index for my site. neither i am able to load the the war file that is given into tomcat.I need some better docs to try out. can
anyone pls pass me some  link that  can help me out to develop a web interface to use lucene ..

thkx
Satish

Re: Help with web Lucene Interface

Posted by jitender ahuja <aj...@aalayance.com>.
Hi,
     First, u need to generate index using ur own or the demo(e.g.,
IndexHTML for text or HTML) provided file to create index at the command
line. If u can create ur own index creator file that 's the best and very
easy. Regarding links u better use some search engine and search for "
lucene tutorial" by erik hatcher or generally.
Regards,
Jitender

Posted by info <in...@zilverline.org>.

Hi Satish, you may use mine: http://www.zilverline.org