Posted to user@flink.apache.org by mi...@ubs.com on 2019/09/11 16:37:20 UTC

Job recovery from a checkpoint

Hi,

We can get a job recovery from a save point nicely after a restart of our flink cluster using
bin/flink run -s :savepointPath [:runArgs]
The previous job states are recovered after this reload.
I expect I do something similar to recover a flink from a checkpoint location after a restart of our flink cluster (job manager and task manager) using
bin/flink run  –s  checkpointPath/_metadata  [:runArgs]
It seems that our reloaded job does not keep the previous states of the job.

Do I do something wrong? I suppose this is doable and no additional configuration is required?

Regards,

Min

Re: Job recovery from a checkpoint

Posted by Yun Tang <my...@live.com>.
Hi Min

First of all, Flink could resume from an externalized checkpoint with same command as restoring from savepoint.

  *   Did you make the externalized checkpoint retained after job canceled?
  *   Did you really pass the correct checkpoint path (including chk-xxx folder) to the command line?

If you really pass the correct path, please check the jobmanager log to see what happened, did it restore from the checkpoint you want?

Best
Yun Tang