Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ludovic Bailly <lu...@famille-bailly.net> on 2004/07/22 11:42:44 UTC

Redirect a request to ssl page using tiles and sslext

Hi,

I've configured struts, tiles and sslext. All seems to work quite well
but I can't find out a solution to this problem :
All my pages are rendering using tiles.
A JSP containing a form must forward to another JSP page if the
validation is ok. To achieve this, I put <set-property property="secure"
value="true" /> in the corresponding action. My concern is that if the
validation fails, the response is automatically forwarded to the page
using https. I want to switch on https only if the validation is ok to
display the next page.

I try to write my own SecureActionForward class :
public class SecureActionForward extends ActionForward {
	private String secure;

	public String getSecure() {
		return secure;
	}

	public void setSecure(String secure) {
		this.secure = secure;
	}
}
and use it like :
<action path="/travellers"
		type="mywebapp.struts.action.TravellersAction"
		name="travellersForm"
		scope="request"
		validate="true"
		input=".travellers">
	<forward
		name="success"
		path=".payment"
		className="org.apache.struts.action.SecureActionForward"
redirect="true">
		<set-property property="secure" value="true"/>
	</forward>
</action>

Using this, I could choose when I want a https redirect but I don't know
how I could implement this.
My main concern is how I could get the uri from a tile path like
".payment" ?

Any suggestions would be appreciate,

Ludo.