Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by bwarren <br...@usairways.com> on 2009/04/01 00:26:41 UTC

Exclusive consumer problem using ActiveMQ and JBoss annotations

I've posted in the JBoss forums here:
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=153272

I suspect this is a JBoss issue, but I was hoping someone might have run
across this and knows of a fix or workaround or can spot what I'm doing
wrong.

Thanks for looking.
Brad

Re: Exclusive consumer problem using ActiveMQ and JBoss annotations

Posted by Roland Thomas Lichti <ro...@telefonica.de>.
Hi Brad,

bwarren wrote:

[MDB with exclusive consumer gets called 10 times the same time (with
different messages).]
> I suspect this is a JBoss issue, but I was hoping someone might have run
> across this and knows of a fix or workaround or can spot what I'm doing
> wrong.

I think you have to reduce the bean pool size of the message driven bean
to 1. There is a singleton-message-driven-bean configuration in JBoss -
that's what you are looking for. Otherwise the JBoss will connect to
activeMq with the consumer exclusive but will internally use the full
bean pool to work on the messages ...

bye,
    Roland

--
Roland Thomas Lichti
IT

Telefónica Deutschland GmbH || Georg-Brauchle-Ring 23-25 || 80992 München || www.telefonica.de
Telefon: 05246 80-1080 || Fax: 05246 80-2080  || E-Mail: info@telefonica.de
Ust.-Id.-Nr. DE 167 388 434 || Amtsgericht München HRB 108 006
Geschäftsführer: Johannes Pruchnow, Dr. Dirk Schmelzer, Michael Fränkle
Bankverbindung: Konto 158 09 76 || BLZ 478 400 65 || Commerzbank Gütersloh