Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sandy Pérez González <sp...@yahoo.es> on 2008/09/09 21:49:18 UTC

Problem in Axis2 version service

Hello,

I am trying to use Axis2 for first time. I have followed the steps explained in http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_4_1/installationguide.html. I have installed the standard binary distribution and all seems work fine. When I access the axis2, deployed in a servlet container, it seems work fine. However, when I click on link ‘validate’ I see an error saying that ‘version’ service is not available. The message is as follows:

There was a problem in Axis2 version service, may be the service not available or something has gone wrong. But that does not mean system is not working! Try to upload some other service and check to see whether it is working

However, if I access to the URL http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/Version/getVersionRequest I work fine.

Used Axis2 version:  1.4.1
Servlet container version: Tomcat 5.5 and 6.0 (I have tried both)
JDK version: 1.5.0_12 and 1.6.0_07 (I have tried both)
Operating system: Windows Vista and Windows XP (I have tried both)

Best Regards,
        Sandy

Re: Problem in Axis2 version service

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sandy,

> I am trying to use Axis2 for first time. I have followed the steps explained in http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_4_1/installationguide.html. I have installed the standard binary distribution and all seems work fine. When I access the axis2, deployed in a servlet container, it seems work fine. However, when I click on link ‘validate’ I see an error saying that ‘version’ service is not available. The message is as follows:

You mean in the servlet container ?
You sure that the version service is there in the system , one reason
behind that error would be that you do not have the the Version service
there in the repo. Please check that.
> There was a problem in Axis2 version service, may be the service not available or something has gone wrong. But that does not mean system is not working! Try to upload some other service and check to see whether it is working
>
> However, if I access to the URL http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/Version/getVersionRequest I work fine.
>
> Used Axis2 version:  1.4.1
> Servlet container version: Tomcat 5.5 and 6.0 (I have tried both)
> JDK version: 1.5.0_12 and 1.6.0_07 (I have tried both)
> Operating system: Windows Vista and Windows XP (I have tried both)

I think you do not need to worry here .

-Deepal