Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by David Balažic <Da...@comtrade.com> on 2020/07/15 18:39:28 UTC

JDBC Autcommit even if turned off?

Hi!

I set a JDBC Connection Configuration and changed the "Auto Commit" setting from the default true to false.
But even so, changes made by SQL statements are commited on the database.

Is this a bug?
Is there an implicit commit somewhere?

Using JMeter 5.3 , Oracle database

Lep pozdrav,
David Balažic
Lead Engineer

T:  +386 81 608 937
A:  Letališka 29b, Ljubljana, Slovenia
W: www.comtrade.si

RE: JDBC Autcommit even if turned off?

Posted by David Balažic <Da...@comtrade.com>.
It is documented here in "Database JDBC Developer's Guide" 11.2
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/java.112/e16548/getsta.htm#JJDBC28071

Quote:

If the auto-commit mode is disabled and you close the connection without explicitly committing or rolling back your last changes, then an implicit COMMIT operation is run.

Regards,
David Balažic

CAUTION: Origin is external! The content might not be safe!

Hi!
My guess is that if/when you do a connection.close() Oracle JDBC will do an implicit commit. I cannot see a mention of it in the official documentation from Oracle but there are some articles and questions  suggesting that this is the case.

Regards
Yngvi

Posted by Yngvi Þór Sigurjónsson <bl...@gmail.com>.
Hi!