Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by at...@us.ibm.com on 2000/08/04 17:04:09 UTC

problem using Xalan in Tomcat servlet

I have a servlet which is doing XSL transformations to create the
presentation view. Everything works just fine in IBM WebSphere. Now I tried
to get the same testcase running in Tomcat 3.1, but for some reason it
doesn't work. What happens is that I get the stylesheet itself returned,
instead of the transformed output document. I also get a warning about a
missing version attribute in the stylesheet, although the stylesheet has a
version attribute. I use Xalan 1.1, by the way. I
wonder what could make the XSL processor spit out the input stylesheet and
not process anything at all.
In the classpath of the web application, I have the xalan and xerces jar
files first and then the xml.jar which comes with Tomcat. Everything runs
and compiles fine, until I start processing stylesheets.

Has anyone run into this before? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Andre Tost
E-Mail: atost@us.ibm.com