Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Chris <ch...@kynth.com> on 2011/08/08 16:12:37 UTC

X.509 support

How did development of the X.509 support go?

Is there any out of the box support for X.509?

I have a use case which requires allowing access to part of a webapp via
forms authentication for users and restricting access to X.509 certificates
to other parts of the webapp for administrators.

A shiro.ini pattern match for useage would be ideal :)

e.g.

> [urls]
> /*           = ssl, authc
> /admin/* = ssl, x509, authc

Perfection would be a login form, supplemented by a certificate, transmitted
over ssl.

Re: X.509 support

Posted by Mária Jurčovičová <m....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I believe this is related bug
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHIRO-24, maybe it will help
you. There is a patch attached.

Also, I played with something similar for my blog a while ago:
http://meri-stuff.blogspot.com/2011/04/apache-shiro-part-2-realms-database-and.html,
hopefully you will find something useful in there.

Good luck,
Meri

Re: X.509 support

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.