Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/25 17:37:40 UTC

git scm connection urls and release

I just tried releasing a project hosted on github, and I got:

[ERROR] org.apache.maven.shared.release.scm.ReleaseScmCommandException:
Unable to commit files
Provider message:
The git-push command failed.
Command output:
fatal: protocol error: expected sha/ref, got '
*********'

You can't push to git://github.com/user/repo.git
Use git@github.com:user/repo.git

*********'

Continuum is using the <connection> instead of the
<developerConnection> url.  This works to check out and build, but not
to release.  (This is CONTINUUM-598.)

When I switch to the developer connection url, it doesn't work to
check out (probably due to the colon.)

SCM Root URL: 	scm:git:git://github.com:wsmoak/abc-example.git
Exception:
For input string: "wsmoak"

Any ideas?  I imagine this has to be fixed in Maven SCM, right?

--
Wendy

Re: git scm connection urls and release

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 9:28 PM, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:
>                <developerConnection>scm:git:git@github.com:wsmoak/abc-example.git</developerConnection>
> I'll try it with the new '@' format in the connection url.

... which failed adding the project with
Provider message: The scm url is invalid.: A git 'git' url must be on
the form 'git://'.

I'm guessing that fix is not yet in a release of maven-scm?  Or do you
see a typo I've made?

Let me know if you've successfully released one of those projects
through Continuum... it's not working for me.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Olivier.  How does this work for releases?  I see you've
changed the developerConnection to a different format, but that's not
what Continuum uses...

I have this:
	<scm>
		<connection>scm:git:git://github.com/wsmoak/abc-example.git</connection>
		<developerConnection>scm:git:git@github.com:wsmoak/abc-example.git</developerConnection>
		<url>http://github.com/wsmoak/abc-example/tree/master</url>
	</scm>

and release prepare in Continuum still fails at scm-commit-release.

I'll try it with the new '@' format in the connection url.

-Wendy

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,