Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Knuplesch, Jürgen <Ju...@icongmbh.de> on 2007/09/13 10:52:08 UTC

Sorted Fileset

Hello,

To create a correct classpath it is sometimes necessary to order the .jar-Files in the right sequence.
A fileset does not give the guarantee about the sequence.

What we have ist a directory with .jar-Files that should be included into the classpath.
Then I build the classpath by doing a loop using ANTCONTRIB.

Is it possible to adjust the sequence of a fileset?

Greetings

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Knuplesch                    www.icongmbh.de
icon Systemhaus GmbH                Tel. +49 711 806098-275

Geschäftsführer: Uwe Seltmann
HRB Stuttgart 17655
USt-IdNr.: DE 811944121

RE: Sorted Fileset

Posted by "Rebhan, Gilbert" <Gi...@huk-coburg.de>.

Hi,

To create a correct classpath it is sometimes necessary to order the .jar-Files in the right sequence.
A fileset does not give the guarantee about the sequence.

What we have ist a directory with .jar-Files that should be included into the classpath.
Then I build the classpath by doing a loop using ANTCONTRIB.

Is it possible to adjust the sequence of a fileset?
*/

Have a look at the <SortList> Task of antcontrib.
I never used it, but maybe it's what you look for.

Regards, Gilbert

Re: Sorted Fileset

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Knuplesch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> To create a correct classpath it is sometimes necessary to order the .jar-Files in the right sequence.
> A fileset does not give the guarantee about the sequence.

no, it doesnt,

> What we have ist a directory with .jar-Files that should be included into the classpath.
> Then I build the classpath by doing a loop using ANTCONTRIB.
>
> Is it possible to adjust the sequence of a fileset?

no, but you can use a filelist instead to explicitly order the list.

Having a program that only works if the classpath order is right is a
bad sign. It means you have duplicate resources or classes, and you are
going to get in trouble later on. Why not use Ant to create new JAR
files that selectively exclude the things you don't want?

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/