Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Kołoszko Paweł <pa...@atena.pl> on 2005/06/13 19:41:11 UTC

Problem with actionListener invoked from DataTable

I have a DataTable. This datatable references property "cases" of backing
bean called listCases (session scoped). There is a commandlink in one of the
column of the datatable. This commandLink invokes actionListener called
"caseSelect" from backing bean called case (session scoped). And everything
works fine. But when I have changed scope of listCases to request,
caseSelect actionListener is not invoked anymore. Only current page is
refreshed. There are no error messages, messages tag is also empty. I also
checked in debug that caseSelect was not invoked.
Is it bug? Or maybe I did something wrong?

Here is the listing:

<x:dataTable id="listsprawAttach" value="#{listCases.cases}" var="spr"
border="0"
				styleClass="standardTable"
 				headerClass="standardTable_SortHeader"

rowClasses="standardTable_Row1,standardTable_Row2"
 				footerClass="standardTable_Footer"

sortColumn="#{listSprawyBezUzytkownika.sort}"

sortAscending="#{listSprawyBezUzytkownika.ascending}"
 				preserveDataModel="true"
 				preserveSort="true"
 				rows="24">

<!-- here few h:column tags -->

<h:column >
	<h:commandLink id="caseSelect"  action="case"
actionListener="#{case.caseSelect}">
		<f:param id="editId" name="sprawaId"  value="#{spr.id}" />
	</h:commandLink>
</h:column>

</x:dataTable>

Re: Problem with actionListener invoked from DataTable

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
That is exactly how I use the dataTable in my projects.

Strange that it shouldn't work in your case!

Do you use client-side state saving or server-side?

Are your dataTables embedded in a form, exactly one?

Can you try to deploy the examples, there are cases like yours in there as well?

regards,

Martin