Posted to users@airavata.apache.org by Ákos, Balaskó <ba...@sztaki.hu> on 2015/01/05 12:23:26 UTC

File Input in workflows

Dear All,

First of all, happy new year for everyone!
I'm a quite newbie in Airavata, nevertheless I like it very much, it looks
like a well-designed and quite powerful framework for creating and managing
workflows.
However I'm facing a problem now around File inputs.
At any time I would register an application with "File" inputs and then
create a workflow to use it, the service cannot be invoked saying this:

 java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to
org.xmlpull.v1.builder.XmlElement

Probably I miss something or type the current value of the file in a wrong
format, therefore I would ask you to help me a bit. I have already typed
absolute and relative file paths, file contents etc, so I'm a bit confused
how should I associate a file in a current instance of the workflow.

So, please help me a bit to solve this issue,

Thank you very much,
Best Regards,
Akos Balasko
MTA SZTAKI
Hungary

Re: File Input in workflows

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.
XBaya is in transition to use the Airavata API, so we had to take a step
back on some of the XBaya features. We'll be adding this feature back in
the future, and we also welcome code contributions if you are interested
in doing this yourself. See
https://airavata.apache.org/community/how-to-commit-contributed-code.html.

Also, a small favor: please check our Jira tickets to see if a ticket to
do this exists.  If not, please create one.  If it does, please add a
comment saying you are interested in this ticket.

Thank--

Marlon

Re: File Input in workflows

Posted by Ákos, Balaskó <ba...@sztaki.hu>.