Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by ak...@hush.com on 2014/09/04 12:35:42 UTC

Re: Jclouds OpenStack Swift

Hi All

I have question.

Does jClouds support switching between two proxies on the Swift
cluster. If one proxy fails the other should be used by jClouds to
connect to Swift.

I found only solution with dns or load balancer (external) but I don't
want add another element to infrastructure (sophisticated load
balancing isn't needed).

Currently I'm using amazon api to connect to openstack swift.

Thanks for any reply.
Regards, Krystian

Re: Jclouds OpenStack Swift

Posted by ak...@hush.com.
Thanks for your quick reply.

I just want confirm that jClouds doesn't support proxy switching in
case of failure, and that functionality should be handled by my self.
Eventually could you give me advice of some solution that could be
used in that case. I'm thinking about using zookeeper (eg. Apache
Curator) or simple round-robin.

Part of code to connect to Swift and put some content:

//##Connect to swift
//Declare and initializing variables
String provider = "swift";//or swift-keystone
String endpoint = "http://localhost/auth/v1.0" ;// or
"http://localhost:5000/v2.0"
String user = "test:tester";
String password = "testing";
String container = "name_of_container";
context =
ContextBuilder.newBuilder(provider).endpoint(endpoint).credentials(user,
password)
                .buildView(BlobStoreContext.class);
        blobStore = context.getBlobStore();
        if (!blobStore.containerExists(container)) {
            blobStore.createContainerInLocation(null, container);
        }
//##Put content to swift
String fileName = "file name";
InputStream data = new ByteArrayInputStream( "testContent".getBytes()
);
CountingInputStream countingInputStream = new
CountingInputStream(data);
DigestInputStream md5DigestInputStream =
md5InputStream(countingInputStream);
Blob blob =
blobStore.blobBuilder(fileName).name(fileName).payload(md5DigestInputStream).build();
blobStore.putBlob(container, blob);

Regards, Krystian

On 4.09.2014 at 8:12 PM, "Jeremy Daggett"  wrote:    Hi Krystian!
  It appears that your question is related to configuration of a Swift
deployment, and not an issue with jclouds itself.  I am not sure I
follow what you are asking here, so let’s get a little more
information!
  Do you have two proxy servers that your client needs to connect
through? That would have to be handled in the logic of your client
application. jclouds does not have a mechanism for client auto proxy
failover where if one fails, it tries another.
  What API are you using? Can you please share some of your client
code?
  /jd

Re: Jclouds OpenStack Swift