Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Leo Li <li...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/01 08:49:26 UTC

[classlib]Harmony passes 100% testcases of Tomcat5.5

Hi, all:
      Harmony now has been able to pass 100% testcases on Tomcat5.5. I ran
them both on WindowsXP and Unbuntu, with J9 VM and drlvm.
      The detailed information about how to build and run tests have been
put on http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Apache_Tomcat.

Note:
      1. Harmony launches slower than RI, so I add the interval between the
launch of Tomcat Server and  tests from 8 seconds to 30 seconds to ensure
the server has been running.
      2. Runtime.exec fails on linux with J9 vm, as discussed on[1], so I
have altered the usage of fork to vfork as a workround despite of the
possible side-effect of the latter.
mailing thread
[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg16002.html
--
Leo Li
China Software Development Lab, IBM

Re: [classlib]Harmony passes 100% testcases of Tomcat5.5

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.
Great news, Leo!

2006/11/1, Leo Li <li...@gmail.com>:
> Hi, all:
>       Harmony now has been able to pass 100% testcases on Tomcat5.5. I ran
> them both on WindowsXP and Unbuntu, with J9 VM and drlvm.
>       The detailed information about how to build and run tests have been
> put on http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Apache_Tomcat.
>
> Note:
>       1. Harmony launches slower than RI, so I add the interval between the
> launch of Tomcat Server and  tests from 8 seconds to 30 seconds to ensure
> the server has been running.
>       2. Runtime.exec fails on linux with J9 vm, as discussed on[1], so I
> have altered the usage of fork to vfork as a workround despite of the
> possible side-effect of the latter.
> mailing thread
> [1]
> http://www.mail-archive.com/harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg16002.html
> --
> Leo Li
> China Software Development Lab, IBM

--
Alexey A. Petrenko
Intel Middleware Products Division

Re: [classlib]Harmony passes 100% testcases of Tomcat5.5

Posted by Tony Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
congratulation! I really like 100% ;-)

On 11/1/06, Leo Li <li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, all:
>      Harmony now has been able to pass 100% testcases on Tomcat5.5. I ran
> them both on WindowsXP and Unbuntu, with J9 VM and drlvm.
>      The detailed information about how to build and run tests have been
> put on http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Apache_Tomcat.
>
> Note:
>      1. Harmony launches slower than RI, so I add the interval between the
> launch of Tomcat Server and  tests from 8 seconds to 30 seconds to ensure
> the server has been running.
>      2. Runtime.exec fails on linux with J9 vm, as discussed on[1], so I
> have altered the usage of fork to vfork as a workround despite of the
> possible side-effect of the latter.
> mailing thread
> [1]
> http://www.mail-archive.com/harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg16002.html
> --
> Leo Li
> China Software Development Lab, IBM

--
Tony Wu

Posted by Alex Blewitt <al...@gmail.com>.
Excellent! Well done everyone!

Alex.

Posted by Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com>.
Sigh...you must didn't read into it...;-)

<Leo>
The detailed information about how to build and run tests have been
put on http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Apache_Tomcat
</Leo>

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Nice!  Post it on the wiki?
>
> Leo Li wrote:
>> Hi, all:
>>      Harmony now has been able to pass 100% testcases on Tomcat5.5. I
>> ran
>> them both on WindowsXP and Unbuntu, with J9 VM and drlvm.
>>      The detailed information about how to build and run tests have been
>> put on http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Apache_Tomcat.
>>
>> Note:
>>      1. Harmony launches slower than RI, so I add the interval
>> between the
>> launch of Tomcat Server and  tests from 8 seconds to 30 seconds to
>> ensure
>> the server has been running.
>>      2. Runtime.exec fails on linux with J9 vm, as discussed on[1], so I
>> have altered the usage of fork to vfork as a workround despite of the
>> possible side-effect of the latter.
>> mailing thread
>> [1]
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg16002.html

--
Paulex Yang

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
Yah, that was my point.  Glad to know it was already there.

geir

Posted by Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com>.

--
Paulex Yang

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)

Re: [classlib]Harmony passes 100% testcases of Tomcat5.5

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Leo Li <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
Nice!  Post it on the wiki?

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Mikhail Fursov wrote:
> Good news! However I never believe in 100% :)

Leo was claiming 100% of Tomcat's test cases pass -- that's measurable.
 It's probably the best measure that we have so far for determining that
an application 'works'.

Well done -- everyone!

Regards,
Tim

Posted by Mikhail Fursov <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!
AFAIK RI uses interpreter and could use OSR, while we do almost the same
with a simple JIT without any advanced techniques.
Not so bad :) + BEA must be slower than SUN in such tests.

Posted by Leo Li <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Leo Li <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mikhail Fursov <mi...@gmail.com>.