Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Friedrich <ft...@frontwire.com> on 2001/04/03 19:03:32 UTC

Using mm.mysql.jdbc.

Greetings all,

Thanks to alot of peoples help I now know how to make cocoon talk a mysql
database. However it appears that the driver is not being loaded correctly.
When I access the xml page with the database requests the following is
outputted :

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error opening pooled connection: default: Database
type org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver not implemented

I modified the below file for the database:

$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/cocoon.properties

here is the relevent portion of that file :

processor.xsp.pool.database.default.driver=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.username=myuser
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.password=mypassword
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.maxConnections=3
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.expiryTime=3600000

processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor.DBMySQL=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

The driver itself is :

/usr/local/tomcat/lib/mm.mysql.jdbc.jar

Do edited the $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/cocoon.properties as well but that has no
effect. When tomcat starts up it prints out my classpath and
mm.mysql.jdbc.jar is in it as :

/usr/local/tomcat/lib/mm.mysql.jdbc.jar

I cannot see what I am doing wrong and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time, Friedrich.