Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by cnguyen8 <cn...@hotmail.com> on 2012/03/01 20:31:24 UTC

Re: ldap configuration: a configuration starting to work

Hi ,

I'm trying to follow you guide but i'm still not fully understand.
I'm new with apacheDS and jetspeed.

Current setup -
Jetspeed 2.2.2
ApacheDS 1.5.5

I've configured so that Jetspeed 2.2.2 will use LDAP server.
on ApacheDS I have it stand alone running in the background.
Using Apache Studio, I connect to ApachedS.
>From ApacheDS console, I can see that when ever i try to login into
jetspeed.
It display information that user try to login but fail.

So I'm thinking that I need to load Jetspeed 2.2.2 schema into ApacheDS.
Using the jetspeed schema provided at the
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/deployguide/ldap.html doesn't do
anything.  So when i try to import setup2.ldif, it fail because ApacheDS
doesn't know j2-classname:

This is where it starting to fail to import:

#!RESULT ERROR
#!CONNECTION ldap://localhost:10389
#!DATE 2012-03-01T13:46:47.187
#!ERROR [LDAP: error code 16 - NO_SUCH_ATTRIBUTE: failed for     Add Request
: ClientEntry     dn: cn=accounting,ou=Groups,ou=rootOrg,o=sevenSeas
objectClass: jetspeed-2-group     objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
objectClass: top     uid: accounting     uniquemember: user,local,sublocal
cn: accounting     j2-classname: accounting : OID for name
'jetspeed-2-group' was not found within the OID registry]
dn: cn=accounting,ou=Groups,ou=rootOrg,o=sevenSeas
objectClass: jetspeed-2-group
objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
objectClass: top
cn: accounting
j2-classname: accounting
uid: accounting
uniquemember: user,local,sublocal

Can you explain how did you manage to load this file?  Assume you did load
jetspeed schema into apacheDS.  How did you do it?

I tried to manual create a user in the apacheDS, but login still fail.  It
did display my login information use as username, surname and such, but with
fail message.

Thanks

Posted by cnguyen8 <cn...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

Thank you for reply.

What are the properties to use in the jetspeed.properties?
The default one only have base= sevenSeas, ou=roles, ou=groups, and
ou=users.

I've also created my own ldif file as well base on the jetspeed.properties
above.
and i was able to login.
But i can't change the user role.
if i want user cnguyen to be an admin, by changing the role in jetspeed, no
go.
only admin user can be admin.
You said you were able to do it, how did you do that?

Posted by je...@bnf.fr.
> [...]

m-supObjectClass: inetOrgPerson
m-must: cn
m-must: uid
m-may: j2-role
m-may: j2-group
m-may: j2-permission
m-may: creation-date
m-may: modified-date

dn: m-oid=1.3.6.1.4.1.8100.1.2.4.2, ou=objectClasses, cn=jetspeed,
ou=schema
objectclass: metaObjectClass
objectclass: metaTop
objectclass: top
m-oid: 1.3.6.1.4.1.8100.1.2.4.2
m-name: jetspeed-2-permission
m-description: Jetspeed-2 permission
m-must: j2-classname
m-must: uid
m-may: j2-action
m-may: creation-date
m-may: modified-date

dn: ou=syntaxCheckers, cn=jetspeed, ou=schema