Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Zeyuan Hu <fe...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/19 10:09:40 UTC

Question about setting up Derby development in Intellij

Hello,

I'm trying to set up Derby development environment in Intellij and run
NetworkServerControl main and I got the following error message after I hit
run

---
Error occurred during initialization of boot layer
java.lang.module.FindException: Error reading module:
/Users/zyh/projects/10.15/out/production/org.apache.derby.tools
Caused by: java.lang.module.InvalidModuleDescriptorException: Package
org.apache.derby.loc.tools not found in module

Process finished with exit code 1
---

1. I couldn't find "org.apache.derby.loc.tools" package, which I hope I can
add the package as a module dependency to org.apache.derby.tools. Can you
please where ""org.apache.derby.loc.tools" is defined. The error is coming
from "opens org.apache.derby.loc.tools" inside module-info.java of
org.apache.derby.tools.
2. Is there any guide on how to set up Derby in Intellij?

Thanks!

best
regards,

Zeyuan

Re: Question about setting up Derby development in Intellij

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@gmail.com>.
Welcome to the developers' list. Some responses inline...

On 8/19/21 3:09 AM, Zeyuan Hu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to set up Derby development environment in Intellij and run
> NetworkServerControl main and I got the following error message after I hit
> run
>
> ---
> Error occurred during initialization of boot layer
> java.lang.module.FindException: Error reading module:
> /Users/zyh/projects/10.15/out/production/org.apache.derby.tools
> Caused by: java.lang.module.InvalidModuleDescriptorException: Package
> org.apache.derby.loc.tools not found in module
>
> Process finished with exit code 1
> ---
>
> 1. I couldn't find "org.apache.derby.loc.tools" package, which I hope I can
> add the package as a module dependency to org.apache.derby.tools. Can you
> please where ""org.apache.derby.loc.tools" is defined. The error is coming
> from "opens org.apache.derby.loc.tools" inside module-info.java of
> org.apache.derby.tools.
That is a package in derbytools.jar. It holds English localizations for
error and diagnostic messages raised by Derby tools. The package does
not exist in the source tree. It is created by the compilation and jar
file targets.
> 2. Is there any guide on how to set up Derby in Intellij?
I don't use that IDE. Hopefully, an Intellij expert can advise you.