Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Frank Scholten <fr...@frankscholten.nl> on 2013/12/24 12:32:43 UTC

Building Hadoop 1.2.1 in IntelliJ IDEA

Hi all,

I might have found a small bug in the CLI minicluster code on Hadoop 1.2.1
so I wanted to write a patch and test my code inside IntelliJ.

I followed the instructions on http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HadoopUnderIDEA.
I added libraries and source folders but I cannot build the test code of
the project.

The problem seems to be that the package structure under src/test varies.
There are org.apache.hadoop.* packages directly underneath it as well as a
few subfolders which themselves have packages. Adding src/test as a source
folder causes compilation errors for the packages under
subfolders because their package name does not match with the source folder
path.

How can I configure the project in IntelliJ so I can develop and run unit
tests?

Cheers,

Frank

Re: Building Hadoop 1.2.1 in IntelliJ IDEA

Posted by Frank Scholten <fr...@frankscholten.nl>.
Hi Yong,

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately this still gives the same issues in
IntelliJ.

Package name 'org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.test.system' does not correspond
to the file path 'system.java.org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.test.system'
less... (Ctrl+F1)
Detects package statements that do not correspond to the project directory
structure.

What is your setup for developing Hadoop? Eclipse? Curious what other
people are using which allows them to easily run tests, debug and so on.

Cheers,

Frank

Posted by Frank Scholten <fr...@frankscholten.nl>.
Hi Yong,