Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Nelson Deogracias <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2007/12/21 02:32:42 UTC

Xerces Writer.java - bugs

Hi!

I tried compiling the Writer.java at your SAX sample
and it's giving me an error like this:

cannot find symbol : method insertAttributeAt( ...

I look at xml-apis.jar and the class AttributesImpl is
there but how come that the method insertAttributeAt
says it's not there. Am I using the right or updated
version of your SAX samples? Because this is the
sample on your zip file that I downloaded.

Hope you can help me on this, coz I'd really love to
use your sax technology.

regards,
Nelson

Re: Xerces Writer.java - bugs

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Nelson,

When you're compiling quite likely you're leaving out one of the source
files from the samples specifically sax/helpers/AttributesImpl.java. Note
that this is a completely different class than the one (
org.xml.sax.helpers.AttributesImpl) in xml-apis.jar.

Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab