Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Shoffey, Montreal" <Mo...@va.gov> on 2012/01/13 20:47:08 UTC

Interactive Services Detection

Tomcat 64-bit is running on Windows 2008 Server. I have an application
that is using Apache + Tomcat 6.0.30 and the application seems to be
running fine.

The popup error is from Interactive Services Detection with the message
that tomcat6.exe is requesting attention.

In the Tomcat properties, I have Log on as Local System account and the
Allow service to interact with desktop is checked.

If I disable the service, I would just be ignoring the problem and not
fixing it.

Is this an unhandled exception of some kind? Can someone help me fix
this?

v/r
Montreal
_________________________
Gail "Montreal" Shoffey
VA Office of Information and Technology IT Workforce Development
304-262-7713 Office
202-400-7970 Mobile
304-262-7701 FAX
Visit the ITWD Portal

Re: Interactive Services Detection

Posted by David kerber <dc...@verizon.net>.
On 1/17/2012 1:09 PM, Shoffey, Montreal wrote:
> André and David,
>
> Unchecking 'Allow service to interact with desktop' fixed the issue.
>
> Problem solved ... thanks very much!

You're welcome; thanks for posting back with the results.

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Posted by David kerber <dc...@verizon.net>.
On 1/17/2012 9:24 AM, Shoffey, Montreal wrote:
> Stuart "Pid",
>
> Thanks for your reply. Please see my comments to your questions below. I
> need the help.
>
> Montreal

Uncheck that, and this warning will likely go away.  If you need the

Posted by "Shoffey, Montreal" <Mo...@va.gov>.
Stuart "Pid",

> [...]

Jan 17, 2012 9:04:32 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
deployDirectory
INFO: Deploying web application directory examples
Jan 17, 2012 9:04:33 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
deployDirectory
INFO: Deploying web application directory ROOT
Jan 17, 2012 9:04:33 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Jan 17, 2012 9:04:33 AM org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProtocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote AJP/1.3 on ajp-8009
Jan 17, 2012 9:04:33 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 135084 ms

> v/r
> Montreal
> _________________________
> Gail "Montreal" Shoffey
> VA Office of Information and Technology IT Workforce Development

[key:62590808]

Re: Interactive Services Detection

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 13/01/2012 19:47, Shoffey, Montreal wrote:

> Tomcat 64-bit is running on Windows 2008 Server. I have an application
> that is using Apache + Tomcat 6.0.30 and the application seems to be
> running fine.
>
> The popup error is from Interactive Services Detection with the message
> that tomcat6.exe is requesting attention.

Any more detail than that?  It's a bit tricky to know what's happened
without any more information.

> In the Tomcat properties, I have Log on as Local System account and the
> Allow service to interact with desktop is checked.
>
> If I disable the service, I would just be ignoring the problem and not
> fixing it.

Disable which service?  The Tomcat one?

> Is this an unhandled exception of some kind? Can someone help me fix
> this?

There are a number of log files in the 'logs' directory of your Tomcat
installation.  Have a look in each file for additional information and
report back.

> v/r
> Montreal
> Gail "Montreal" Shoffey
> VA Office of Information and Technology IT Workforce Development
> 304-262-7713 Office
> 202-400-7970 Mobile
> 304-262-7701 FAX
> Visit the ITWD Portal