Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org> on 2014/05/24 00:05:46 UTC

release 1.7.7 soon?

There've been some requests to release Avro version 1.7.7 soon.

I'm happy to create a release candidate next week and call a vote.

I suspect there are a number of issues we might commit first.

The list of open issues set to be fixed in 1.7.7 is here:

  http://s.apache.org/avro177unresolved

If there are issues you'd like to get into 1.7.7, these should be
marked as "Fix for: 1.7.7" and as "Patch Available".  These each then
need be reviewed and a decision whether to include them in the
release.

Can folks please review "Patch Available" issues and indicate whether
they think it should be committed?  A committer must make the final
decision of whether to commit each change, but reviews by independent
non-committers help considerably.

API changes in 1.7.7 must be back-compatible, and data format changes
must be both back- and forward-compatible.

Thanks,

Doug

Re: release 1.7.7 soon?

Posted by Thiruvalluvan MG <th...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Doug,

I ran into a different problem in Ubuntu. I created a JIRA ticket and submitted a patch:

Does this patch help you?

I used Ubuntu 13.04, g++ 4.7.3 and boost 49.

Thank you,

Thiru

On Friday, 4 July 2014 8:36 AM, Thiruvalluvan MG <th...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Thanks Doug. I'll investigate.

Thanks

Thiru

On Friday, 4 July 2014 7:49 AM, Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org> wrote:

It's on Linux. I'm still running Ubuntu 12.04. I can get you g++ & stdlib++
versions if that would help.

Thanks,

Doug

On Jul 3, 2014 7:03 PM, "Thiruvalluvan MG" <th...@yahoo.com.invalid>
wrote:

> Doug,
>
> Does this happen on Mac or some other platform? I tested the code recently
> on Mac and didn't find any issue.
>
> Thanks
>
> Thiru
>

> On Friday, 4 July 2014 2:45 AM, Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org> wrote:
>

> I just tried but am currently unable to get the C++ to compile.  It
> fails for me with:
>
> lang/c++/api/GenericDatum.hh:474:16: error: request for member

 ‘resize’ in ‘((avro::GenericFixed*)this)->avro::GenericFixed::value_’,

Re: release 1.7.7 soon?

Posted by Thiruvalluvan MG <th...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: release 1.7.7 soon?

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.