Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Vicky <vi...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/03 12:16:34 UTC

Help regarding Slide - MS Exchange Communication

 Hi,

I am new to Apache Slide. What i need is to use Apache slide to talk to MS
Exchange Server to perform functions like sending mails and adding calender
enteries.

Even after a fair amount of googling, i failed to find any decent
documentation/links which talk about Slide - MS Exchange communication.

The very basic thing that i want to know is, does Slide provide support MS
Exchange 2003 and 2007 servers.

Can some one provide me with some decent links which will help me understand
the Slide - MS Exchange communication or some sample code to get me started
off.

I will really appreciate any help provided.

Thanks,
Vikram

Need help for Implementing ACL in SLIDE

Posted by Satish <sa...@harbinger-systems.com>.
Hi

I am implementing ACL in Slide using Slide client API.
I am buidling my own JSP based client which can provide opertaion like
DAVExplorer!

But here stuck in ACL implementations, can anybody provide me any sample
example of ACL implementation
OR provide some guideline of ACL usage.

I am new to Slide.

Any help will be appriciated.

Regards,
Satish

Disclaimer:
This e-mail may contain Privileged/Confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Please notify the sender, if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete it from your system. Information in this message that does not relate to the official business of the company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version. Visit us at http://www.harbinger-systems.com/

Re: Help regarding Slide - MS Exchange Communication

Posted by Jason Polites <ja...@gmail.com>.
I have previously built an Exchange 2000/2003 integration using Slide.  You
only need the webdav client libraries from Slide, which simply support basic
webdav functions.

Refer to the following links for a reference on the webdav api to exchange:

and:

http://www.msexchange.org/articles/Access-Exchange-2000-2003-Mailbox-WebDAV.html

You do need to be mindful of the specific syntax of the api made available
by Exchange (read the Exchange doco), but the fundmentals work.

Posted by Vicky <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Darren,

Going through your reply what i understand is if i have an MS exchange
server running. I can use Slide client libraries to talk to the Server which
can then enable me to write mails and create calender entries within it.

One basic question does Slide provide support for Exchange 2003 and 2007 ?

What i plan to do is to start looking at the java docs for the Slide client
libraries and try creating a sample program for sending mails to Exchange
server.

In the meanwhile if anyone can pass in some usefull links or some samples it
would be really nice.

Thanks,
Vikram

Posted by Darren Hartford <dh...@ghsinc.com>.