Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bill Li <bl...@tadi.com> on 2001/07/24 21:17:54 UTC

HELP! retrieving X509Certificate

I am desperately needing advise.

I'm running IIS 5.0 with Tomcat 3.2.2.  Enabled SSL on IIS, requiring client certificate.

In my servlet, using:

X509Certificate[] certs = (X509Certificate[]) req.getAttribute("javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate");

returns null.

In JRun, IIS makes certificate information available through headers. The following are headers that can be used with the getHeader() method to obtain certificate information:
CERT_FLAGS
CERT_COOKIE
CERT_SUBJECT
CERT_SERVER_SUBJECT

This worked correctly with IIS and JRun.

I tried the same with Tomcat, but all returned nulls.

PLEASE HELP!