Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Jonathan Creasy <jc...@box.com> on 2013/03/02 07:56:40 UTC

Flume-NG Kafka Channel

I started hacking on a Kafka Channel for Flume-NG. It has a Java Consumer
and Java Producer based on the java example code that works with the PUT
and TAKE methods on the Channel Interface.

Any thoughts?

Kafka makes a really powerful addition to the existing channel options.

-Jonathan

--
**

*Jonathan Creasy* | Sr. Ops Engineer

e: jc@box.com | t: 314.580.8909

Re: Flume-NG Kafka Channel

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Jonathan,

My understanding is that channel is a local concept in Flume. So, are you
using a single local Kafka broker to build channel? Will it make more sense
to build a Kafka sink in Fume?

Thanks,

Jun