Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by SpriCoder <sp...@qq.com.INVALID> on 2022/10/27 07:43:03 UTC

The changes of default write path in IoTDB metric reporter.

Hi all,

There are some built-in storage, such as: root._metric(metrics), root.system.audit(system audit log).

Now, we need to unify the prefix of the built-int system storage group which is `root.system`. So we will modify the default write path of iotdb metric reporter from `root.${database}` to `root.system.${database}`. Related PR is&nbsp;https://github.com/apache/iotdb/pull/7757.

Any comments would be much appreciated.&nbsp;

Best,

Hongyin Zhang

School of Software, Tsinghua University

回复: The changes of default write path in IoTDB metric reporter.

Posted by 冯 庆新 <qi...@hotmail.com>.
Hi
SQLSTATE : 401: Error occurred while parsing SQL to physical plan: line 1:26 mismatched input '<EOF>' expecting {SYSTEM, '*', '**', STRING_LITERAL, INTEGER_LITERAL, ID, QUTOED_ID_IN_NODE_NAME}
 Is this change due to the following reasons?If so, then I recommend not doing it. I agree with Jialin, especially suggestion (2).
BR,
Qingxin Feng

Besides, some aspects need to be considered:

(1) Skip the system path when show timeseries or count timeseries to
avoid misguide.
(2) Better to enable users configure the default path, to avoid having
conflict with the path that users need.

Thanks,
―――――――――――――――――
Jialin Qiao
Apache IoTDB PMC

SpriCoder <sp...@qq.com.invalid> 于2022年10月27日周四 15:43写道:

Re: The changes of default write path in IoTDB metric reporter.

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qi...@apache.org>.
+1 for an unified system path
Besides, some aspects need to be considered:

(1) Skip the system path when show timeseries or count timeseries to
avoid misguide.
(2) Better to enable users configure the default path, to avoid having
conflict with the path that users need.

Thanks,