Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Alexey Krivitsky <AK...@MIRATECH.UA> on 2002/12/09 12:56:22 UTC

events in Webservices

Hello all,

I am going to implements Webservices which will be sending notification
messages to their client.
The major issue is that it is required for the clients to be simple
non-servlet-based applications.

I am thinking of implementing a simple web-server (http listener)
which will receive, parse and process XML messages sent by the server as
standard SOAP calls.

Is there any standard already implemented solution for this approach?
Can be apache axis/apache soap adopted to be used on the client's side?

Thanks!
Alexey.

Re: events in Webservices

Posted by Alex Dovlecel <do...@kbs.twi.tudelft.nl>.
Forgot to mention, AXIS has a stand alone server (that allows you to use it
without a Servlet Container), and I suppose you could try to integrate it
into your clients. Dunno much about this, the people inhere are saying that
in fact was build more for testing purposes... you should ask (or check) more
on this...

dovle

Re: events in Webservices

Posted by Alex Dovlecel <do...@kbs.twi.tudelft.nl>.
Forgot another thing.

When talking about ksoap, I was in fact saying it will be easy to implement
the HttpListener and use the kSoap for parsing and mapping all the classes
for you app...

Sorry if I start spamming this list, DON'T BAN ME :o))) Pls.
dovle

Re: events in Webservices

Posted by Alex Dovlecel <do...@kbs.twi.tudelft.nl>.
Hi,