Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Ajmera, Hemang C" <he...@cgi.com> on 2019/11/07 08:09:06 UTC

Release cycle

Hi
   Wanted to know when camel 2.24.3 and 2.25.0 would be released.

Also wanted to understand how release date of came is determined in general. Is there any guidelines or fixed timeline for next release?

Thanks and Regards,
Hemang Ajmera

Re: Release cycle

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 9:13 AM Andrea Cosentino
<an...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> 2.25.0 will be released in Q1 2020.

Yeah we want Camel 3 to be GA first, and then we do 2.25 as a last 2.x release.
And then a last 2.24.x patch (either 2.24.3 or 2.24.4) release and
retire this branch, so 2.25.x is the only active supported 2.x release
until it retires later in 2020.

Then after that all work is done only on Camel 3.

> 2.24.3 still doesn't have an ETA.
>

> There is no guidelines about release nor fixed timeline, when we have enough material to release, we release.

No we dont have a exact schedule but patch releases are released
regularly usually 2-4 months apart (slower towards the end)

--
Claus Ibsen

RE: Release cycle

Posted by "Ajmera, Hemang C" <he...@cgi.com>.