Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/04 00:36:47 UTC

Jesktop

Folks,

Cornerstone is nearing a point where a distribution is likely.  I
previously brought Jesktop to Apache many months ago (it sits on
Avalon-Phoenix) and done quite a bit of work on it since.  Unfortunately
for a couple of reasons there is no community around it - 1) I have been
sidetracked with other Avalon and related tools and 2) I have not
actually *tried* to build a community here as it is a bit rude bringing
committers to Avalon when it is only partially related.

I propose removing it from cornerstone/apps and creating a sourceforge
project for it.  Then build a community around it and bring it back
later to jakarta.

Thoughts?

Regards,

- Paul H

Software Initiative Needs Home

Posted by Michael Larkin <ml...@optonline.net>.
Dear Avalon Developers,

I would like to determine the appropriateness of initiating componentized
financial software system development projects under the auspices of the
Jakarta Avalon community.

I am willing to provide a substantial amount of my time working in on
architecture, design and software development. It is my hope that there is
sufficient interest within the community to discuss the creation of an
open-source/industry-standard/componentized/plug-and-play financial software
infrastructure capable of supporting financial services and systems.

I would like the defacto standard for financial software system
infrastructure to become free, open-source, "copy-lefted" software supported
by a diverse group (coalition) of independent software developers,
(for-profit) corporations and (not-for-profit) organizations.

Please let me know whether this is the correct forum for discussion. If so,
I will provide details pertaining to the work I have performed to date.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Michael Larkin
Michael Larkin Enterprises, Inc.

Office: (631) 277-2119
Email:  mlarkin@optonline.net

ExcaliburComponentManager

Posted by Vincent Tencé <vt...@sympatico.ca>.
Is there any plan to enhance ExcaliburComponentManager so it supports the
new LogEnabled and LoggerManager interfaces?

Thanks,
Vincent.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Jesktop

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 10:36, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Cornerstone is nearing a point where a distribution is likely.  I
> previously brought Jesktop to Apache many months ago (it sits on
> Avalon-Phoenix) and done quite a bit of work on it since.  Unfortunately
> for a couple of reasons there is no community around it - 1) I have been
> sidetracked with other Avalon and related tools and 2) I have not
> actually *tried* to build a community here as it is a bit rude bringing
> committers to Avalon when it is only partially related.
>
> I propose removing it from cornerstone/apps and creating a sourceforge
> project for it.  Then build a community around it and bring it back
> later to jakarta.
>
> Thoughts?

If you want to do it then go for it! ;)

--