Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kris Rasmussen <kr...@yahoo.com> on 2005/02/27 03:06:21 UTC

Re: bug in friendly-url patch (fixed)

My last suggestion ended up causing problems because I was only testing it on an app that was the default app for its context.It doesn't work otherwise. Instead, I fixed the problem by creating a new property and then modifying AbstractEngine.setupForRequest to read in the new property from the application specification and corect the servlet path if necessary. Similar to how it reads the property for the tag lib servlet path except that I had to rearrange the code a bit so the _propertySource gets setup first. If anyone is interested I can explain exactly what changes need to be made.

Kris

Kris Rasmussen <kr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
It looks like the problem can be fixed by modifying AbstractEngine.setupForRequest and replacing

_servletPath = _contextPath + path;

with

_servletPath = _contextPath;

I don't really see why the path even needs be included at the end of _servletPath unless it is ment to deal with other servlets running under the same application which I have never dealt with.

Please, Let me know if anyone thinks this change is a bad idea.

Kris

Kris Rasmussen wrote:
I beleive there is a bug in the friendly-url patch as described on the wiki. The problem is that after using the patch the engine.getServletPath() is no longer correct which can cause quite a few problems with cookies and locale changes. I beleive the way to fix this would be to modify the AbstractEngine class to either pull the servlet path from an application definable property or just extract it based on some rule from the url. Am I correct?

Thanks.